Suwarna (Sue) and Milind Tilak (Mel) are a team of Husband & Wife Physicians who complement each other's work style and have been providing care to Northeast Florida residents more than 10 years.
Milind (Mel) Tilak, MD
Dr Mel has been a licensed physician in the State of Florida since 1997. He graduated from medical college in 1987, and performed his residency in Pediatrics in Mumbai India. He went on to providing patient care as an Attending Pediatrician in a renowned Hospital in Saudi Arabia during the ‘Desert Strom’ era.
In 1992 he applied for and received his United States Medical Certification by successfully passing the exams required for doctors who complete their graduate studies outside the United States, and accepted an internship at the Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit, Michigan.
When Dr Mel desired to expand his specialization to include Internal Medicine to his already accomplished Pediatrics career he was easily accepted into one of the few prestigious Med-Peds programs at the University of Minnesota.
In 1997 he Dr Mel joined Dr Sue and their daughter in Florida, working first as Senior Physician and Acting Medical Director at the Dixie County Health Department and then in the Bradford County health Department as the Executive Medical Director. During this time he also worked at the Urgent Care Center and Emergency Room at the nearest ER, approximately 50 miles away.
Although the Tilaks loved the relaxed rural atmosphere and professional satisfaction they decided to move to the Orange Park/Jacksonville, FL area to expand educational choices and possibilities for their oldest daughter, and to be able to spend more time with the younger of the children. The Tilaks have lived in this area since 2002 and are committed to providing the highest quality and most compassionate medical care well into the future.
Dr Mel is certified by BOTH the American Board of Pediatrics and the American Board of Internal Medicine.
Dr. Mel has a special interest in pain management, not just using pain medications, but to give long term relief to patients suffering from pain. We use a Fluoroscopy machine (Xray) on site, and Dr. Mel Tilak has been successfully doing interventional pain management with precision of 1 mm, using the fluoroscopy, and modern techniques. He also uses state of the art Neurodiagnostics, if needed to determine affliction of nerves. As an Internist, Dr. Mel is of course very comfortable with patients who have Cardiology, Pulmonary, Diabetes, Hypertension, Allergy, Psychiatry and several other medical conditions. He has a special interest in smoking cessation.
1) Back and Neck pain management, without surgery, using steroid, local anesthetic shots guided by Fluoroscopy, with state of the art technology. Dr. Mel Tilak, regularly attends conferences on pain management, to keep abreast of the latest techniques.
2) Laser technology with modern FDA approved machine to remove hair or any type on any part of body, acne treatment, and photo-rejuvenation to take off years from face, reduce wrinkles, treat facial spider veins / rosacea, leaving facial skin young, soft and supple. For more info on the technology, and mechanism of action, please visit: www.radiancy.com All pricing for laser procedures are posted on our web site.
3) Complete allergy testing, and immunotherapy, if need be, eliminating referrals to Allergist.
4) Various dermatological procedures, using modern equipment, which causes minimal tissue damage.
5) Treatment of addictions: including smoking shots for smoking cessation, suboxone for narcotics addiction, camprall for alcohol addiction, with good success rates in all.
Wolfsons Children Hospital (Hospitalist)
Baptist Medical Center (Hospitalist)
ALL major plans, including Medicaid and other State funded plans. We are accepting new patients at this time but we do not accept Adult Medicaid.
Additional Members of our staff (Biographies coming soon):
* Jamie Surmin, PA-C
* Lynn Ashley Patel, ARNP